Tuesday, January 19, 2010

change of heart...

So today was the first day back at school. I started my day SUPER early at my internship and after a long day in the office I went to my Swing/Latin/Ballroom class. I loved my dance class so much. There is something about any form of creative expression that really gets me excited and even passionate. This sparked something in me today...I realized that I have no passion for what I'm studying. True I may work hard and excel in my schoolwork, but truth be told, journalism is a calling and I am slowly beginning to realize that it's not mine. Now things like music, theatre or even organizations like invisible children have me caring and motivated but most importantly it gets me passionate. So what am I doing? Am I wasting time by getting a degree in something I don't have a true interest in? Should I just finish and find the good side of what I'm learning and apply it something else that I do in fact care about? It seems completely unthinkable to start over now. I have to finish what I started and I want to. It just is a bit discouraging to make these kinds of discoveries when you are so far along.

No comments:

Post a Comment