Sunday, January 24, 2010

Let love in...

I've never been able to truly let someone in all the way. I have been able to get to a certain place with a very particular comfort level, but nothing past that. I could be at a very good place with someone and then for some reason I push them away before there is a chance to get too close. I don't know why I'm this way but I have been for as long as I can remember. I let the logic of my head rule over the passion of my heart when it comes to love. In some ways this has protected me, but in other ways I think it has actually hindered me from experiencing love to the fullest. Love...to me it seems like the most exquisitely beautiful thing between two people and also the most terrifying. Look at the classic love stories, often times they seem quite poetic and lyrical but it can also be entwined with tragedy and loss to the greatest extent. Why does it seem that you have to go off the deep end to be in love? It seems like it's kind of crazy...but maybe that's the beautiful part. It surpasses all understanding and makes you go places that you wouldn't have seen otherwise. I'm sure one day I'll understand, one day I'll let it in. I do have quite a wall up though so good luck to the one who attempts to break it down. It's going to take a lot of work...possibly

No comments:

Post a Comment