Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Summer Vacation

So this summer I did the alumni program at Disney in Orlando Florida. I had a fantastic time! My roommates were the best and I know that we are going to be life long friends. I have to say that the job this time around was not as much fun as I would have liked, but I feel that I did make the most of it. Living in Florida for a second time made me realize how much I missed it. Initially I thought it was strange. I had gotten so used to being back home in my reality that it was difficult to adjust back to the Disney way of life. Once I started work and going to the parks regularly I picked up my old Disney habits and it became second nature in a sense. There is something about this place that draws you back in. It makes it hard to leave it all behind. I don't know what it is exactly whether it's the people, the work environment or just the place itself. All I know is that I always get a sense of security when I walk through the front entrance of the Magic Kingdom and enter main street USA. I can go there and feel as though I have become a part of something much bigger than myself.

I knew this time around it was only going to be for a summer so I tried to have fun but not let myself get as attached. Finally the day came where I had to leave again and it surprised me that I automatically started crying after waking up that morning. The trip home was nice since I had Whitney, one of my roommates, with me. Since I have been home I have tried to keep myself busy to prevent me from thinking about it. I still miss it daily and maybe I will return again one day. I have realized though that I need to stop living in the past and start living in the present and allowing opportunity for the future to arise. Disney has been a big part of my life and probably will always be in a sense, but it's time for me to be on my own for a while without revisiting the mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment